Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Home...It's relative thing

Home...where is home?

Home is where the heart is.  Home is where you hang your hat.  Home Sweet Home.  Welcome Home!  Carrie Underwood says in a song "This is my temporary home, it's not where I belong, windows and rooms, that I'm passing through. This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going. I'm not afraid because I know, this is my temporary home."

We stayed in lots of "homes" along the way this summer and then we got "home" and we were there for 5 days and left again for training.  All this moving around gave us the feeling of, wow, this is what it's going to be like when we go into ministry with TouchGlobal full time.  Away from our "stuff", friends, family and what we know as normal.   But then we got home and it didn't feel right.  It really made the word home feel a whole lot different than I had ever felt before.  Temporary, fleeting, just a stop along the way....

This is just our temporary home here on earth.  Some day we will all live eternity somewhere.  My home will be in heaven singing praises daily to my sweet Jesus.  I won't have to worry about my stuff.  Won't miss my friends or family and normal will be far greater than anything we could ever imagine here in our temporary home on earth.  It makes me wonder why I missed my house so much when it isn't really my permanent home.

Soon we will be moving to Louisiana and we will have a different house.  Same stuff, different house.  We will be in and out of that house too.  Where ever God calls us we will go.  Hurricanes on the gulf coast or Pacific ocean, earthquakes in Turkey, Japan, Haiti or another unknown location, flooding in Brazil or North Dakota or fires, tornados or drought.  God will call us to those locations and again we will leave our temporary home to live in another temporary home.  People ask...aren't you afraid?  You will have no idea where you are going...how will you prepare?  We say...no we're not afraid and God will prepare us.  He has been preparing us for such a time as this since the day we were born.  We will be ready.  God will provide the Ministry Partners in His time and that time will be when He feels we are totally ready to serve Him and not a minute or a day sooner.

So as we prepare for a new home and a new life over the next several months we will keep in mind that this home too will only be temporary.  A temporary home here on earth that is preparing us for our permanent home in heaven, serving Him and singing praises to Jesus.


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."  2 Corinthians 4:18


1 comment: